NON-EMERGENCY TRANSPORTATION - NEMTS
FACTORS THAT AFFECT INSURANCE PREMIUMS:
- Where do you operate and what mileage do your vehicles have?
- Are you operating wheelchair, stretcher, or ambulatory vehicles? How many passengers can ride in each vehicle?
- Do your drivers have any penalties on their driving records? What are your policies and procedures for drivers? Do they meet all of your requirements?
- What is your company’s loss ratio: the total losses in claims paid by an insurance company?
Other factors that affect your insurance premiums:
- How experienced are your supervising staff members?
- What are your training procedures (wheelchair securement, defensive driving, etc.)
- Are your operating policies and procedures written, up-to-date and active?
- What is your policy for maintaining your vehicles?
- Do you have your drug-free workplace certification?
- Do you have a sexual harassment course for employees in place?